Aircraft Hangar Buildings
As a pilot, you would rather be out flying rather than doing repairs or maintenance on the ground any day— but protecting your investment from harsh weather elements like sun, rain, high winds, storms and even hail is a top priority.
Secure Shelter for Light & Commercial Aircraft
A pre-engineered Sheds n Homes steel hangar building is the perfect solution for safe, secure and sturdy storage of private and commercial aircrafts of all sizes. Prefab hangar buildings provide the greatest possible storage space to accommodate one or multiple aircraft with a variety of heights and wingspans.
Why Steel for Hangars?
- Strength: Steel is one of the strongest construction materials available on the market, and provides maximum stability and resilience against even the strongest winds. Using only the highest quality steel and premium components, these hangars provide incredible strength with straight walls, square corners and sturdy studs and joists. Although a lightweight material, a steel Sheds n Homes hangar will be well-secured and bolted to its concrete foundation, ensuring strength and protection against even the strongest winds.
- Durability: Steel aircraft sheds are resistant to mould growth, mildew, and termites, and won’t warp or crack, resulting in minimal maintenance and lower ownership costs. Building a steel airplane hangar will save you time now and later, promising years of superior storage and protection.
- Fire Proof: Steel is non-combustible, and is the best construction material option for storing a costly investment like an airplane. Prepare to see your insurance premiums drop when you assemble a prefabricated aircraft hangar, and rest easy knowing your airplane is protected from fire damage.
- Speed of Construction: Pilots know the value of speed in the skies, and choosing a hangar is no exception. Manufactured with laser-cut precision, the components of a pre-engineered hangar building can be fitted together and erected quickly and easily. Whether you choose to construct it yourself, or hire a contractor, know that time is on your side with a prefabricated hangar building.
- Customizable Designs: modern hangars can be custom designed with a plethora of Colorbond Steel colours. The doors for your Sheds n Homes hangar open outwards and need to be welded on site.
Planning Your Hangar Building
In planning the design of your hangar, take time to consider your aircraft storage needs both now and in the future. How many aircraft will you need to store in the hangar? Do you plan on upgrading to a larger aircraft, or purchasing additional aircraft in the future? What amenities would you like in your hangar? What other uses will your hangar perform – repairs, maintenance etc.
A pre-engineered steel aircraft hangar can be a multi-purpose building. They can be used for everything from airplane storage to servicing, and can be customized to include everything from a workshop, to a waiting lounge area, office space, training area, pilot briefing rooms, and more.
An aircraft hangar is unlike any other building project. It’s a very specialized kind of construction, with unique requirements like weight factors, span factors and large hangar door specifications.
As it can be a complicated building project, you may want to consider hiring a contractor who specializes in aircraft hangars to assemble your new building.
Things to Consider:
Although not all of the following design elements will be necessary for your specific steel hangar project, they should be considered during the planning process before construction begins.
- Underground drainage and storm water runoff control
- Underground utility layouts, fire protection sprinkler systems, electric, telephone, cable, sewer, gas piping, and tie-ins to existing systems
- Site grading, contour, excavation, and sub-base material plans
- Concrete hangar foundations
- Ramp, taxiway, and apron paving
- Architectural treatments and material specifications for hangars
- Ramp and hangar lighting
- Security fencing, gates, and personnel walk-through gates
- Parking lots and pedestrian walkways as required
Our NEW Bi Fold hangar doors will be fabricated onsite to your requirements and now with our doors being supplied by Leda, a Brisbane based company that are now in a supply partnership with Sheds n Homes Caboolture, we are looking forward to a fantastic relationship next year and in the years to come.
Our standard door size with be 12 metres wide with a clear opening of 4.0 metres, we can provide you with different types of doors as well if you require them, please have a look at Leda’s website.
The hangar you've always wanted is now more affordable
Sheds n Homes hangar kits recognize that every plane and pilot have their own special requirements. Make sure you take the time to discuss your Steel Hangar to make sure that you understand your own custom requirements when you place your order with us.
If we can help you with you protect your expensive aircraft from the elements, please give me a call and we can have a chat about your requirements.